The thing in the woods
It was winter when I visited my cousin in Pasadena, She lived in a humble dwellings in a remote place. She warmly welcomed me into her house. ' been long Kate, How are you doing ? ' I asked. ' I am doing as well as I can ', replied she. We gossiped for a while. I went to my room upstairs and got changed for dinner. Soon the meal was served, grace was said and we started to devour our food. ' Does is feel alright to live almost in a forest ? ' I questioned. ' Well, it does get quite irksome ', She replied. ' Is it safe ? ' I questioned. She sighed and answered, ' sometimes '. I could see that Kate was quite disturbed, before I could ask her anything, she said, ' It's getting late, we should call it a night '.
Kate went out to her lawn after saying so. I could she her through the window. Minutes had passed by with her out, I could no longer see her through the window, I hurried outside and saw her in the far corner of the lawn. ' What are you doing ? I asked. ' Setting up a camera, safe is short in supply.' said she. I couldn't sleep that night, thinking about Kate, What did she mean by ' safe is in short supply ' ?
Is she alright ? All that thinking made me thirsty, so I trodded down the stairs to quench my thirst.
I chugged down a cold glass of water and was about to work my way up the stairs before I thought it would probably be a good idea to look at the lawn. I glanced through the kitchen window and saw nothing. I think I felt satisfied to see nothing out there. I went up the stairs and into my room to find my window open. ' Weird, I didn't open it ' , I said to myself. I crept closer and closed it. The moment I got back to my senses, I thought, ' The window is in the second floor, who could have opened it ?
I opened the window and started to look outside, It was pitch black. The moonlight illuminated a spot in the woods. The second I glanced at the horrific sight, a cold shiver ran down my spine. The figure was hard to decipher, standing in the dark. It was as if it was looking at me. I shut the window and jumped on the bed, shivering. Next morning, I saw nothing when I checked the camera. Was that a dream ? But it felt so real.

Comments
Post a Comment