The Coat Hanger

It is just a mere thing during the day that everyone owns, but at night it looks like an entity or is it one? The coat hanger serves one purpose, to bear the hanging clothes or more specifically coats. I love a collection of black or brown, maybe beige-colored coats, it differentiates my personality from others. But during the night, there may be any color or even ' the white ' but it all fades into one shade at night, Darkness, the shade of no life and in my case, solitude. 


I live all alone in my cozy apartment in complete luxury and bliss until the day I paid attention to my coat hanger. It looked like a figure, but shapeless. It felt like it was looking at me, glaring at me, sensing each of my movements. I thought I was being paranoid ( The state of being overcome with fear and anxiety ).  Each night, I kept glaring back at it and it did the same. As nights passed, the once shapeless entity seemed to form shapes, more like a figure of a person, similar to that of a wax statue. I did shrug it off cause I thought I was just overworked. 


One starlit night, I pounced on my chambers at around midnight, hoping to have a good night's sleep. But suddenly, I heard a whisper...no...more like a whimper coming from the right side of the room. In a spur, I sprang up and searched right. Dressing table, mirror, closet all was fine, except the COAT HANGER. It seemed to be off its original place. I shrugged it off again and submerged into the deeper realms of sleep. Days passed, the coat hanger only seemed to get closer and closer. I woke up the other night to see it near the foot of my bed. This got me thinking, an entity? I'm completely a sane person and stress is not playing me. Is there something wrong with my coat hanger?


 One night, I couldn't sleep. I kept looking at the coat hanger hoping that I will see it in action. I saw...I saw...it coming toward me. As it did, It took on the shape of a person, in all black. Its hands came out and so did its feet, It slowly climbed on my bed and tried to creep over me. I was in shock, I couldn't move, couldn't scream, I was stuck on my bed, exhaling heavily looking at IT. 



The next morning, I remember checking the hanger and saw nothing. I consulted a doctor and he explained the expected, '' stress ''. The following night, I kept glaring at the coat hanger and eventually drifted off to sleep. For a long time, the coat hanger remained a coat hanger. It didn't move, didn't take shapes and didn't haunt me or give me paranoia. Months passed as nights went on peacefully and I was completely convinced that THE COAT HANGER was just a figment of my imagination, just as the doc said. One night, I was awoken from my sleep and again heard a whimper from the right side of the room. All was peaceful until today, All was peaceful until I again saw the demented COAT HANGER. 



STAY TUNED FOR MORE!

CLICK THAT FOLLOW ICON !


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review

A Blank Paper